Norway and back on a motorcycle

Ok, be gentle.. this is my first ever blog so it may not be professional or punchy of even work properly; it is just as the title suggests... Richards Random Ramblings. The first thing I want to document is my somewhat random decision to do Motorcycle Trip around Norway. It's not truly random in that part of the reason for the trip is to attend the 2018 Pan European Gathering in Vradal, Norway in August but it is random in the the sense that it has grown into something much more than a shortish hop across the Skagerrak.

The route currently stands at a shade over 8700km (5400 miles). Its my first solo trip of any real distance since my wife, pillion and ultimate voice of reason passed away in February 2017. I'm still planning the detail of the route but broadly I'm expecting to start in Germany (where I live) and go to Norway via Denmark and Sweden. Once in Norway I'm aiming to travel up the west coast taking in Bergen, the Trollstiegen, then heading North into the Arctic Circle and on to Nordkapp via the Lofoten Islands. The return journey will be via Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Other than Germany (of course) I have never been to any of these countries before so even though I'm sure many people have done this sort of thing before its going to be a bit of an adventure for me.

I'm using my route app as the main planning tool and this is what the route looks like today.

The aim of this blog is two fold, first to capture the planning, with links to useful websites, information, tips and tricks and secondly to capture the trip itself with photos, descriptions and events. If I can get some reasonable bandwidth while on the road I want to try to update the blog as I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refining the Route Day 4

Refining the Route Days 8 and 9

Fast Forward (a bit!)