Refining the Route Day 4

From Kungalv I'm going North on the E6 again for about 100km, then once again with inspiration coming from bestbikingroads, I intend turning off the main drag to follow route 165 to the Swedish/Norweigan border at Vassbotten. From there I'll follow route 22 to Halden and rejoin E6.

This is going to test my resolve a bit as it looks to be about 60km of good road with a speed limit of 70kph outside of the towns. The GPS speed alert is going to be doing my head in ...

Missing out the city of Oslo itself, I will cross the cross the Oslofjord in the 7km long tunnel, aptly named Oslofjordtunnelen.

Once on the other side of the Oslofjord its 200km run mostly on the E134 which despite its E status appears to be just a normal 2-lane A road. Ending in Vradal  the home of the Pan European Gathering for 2018 after 470km and nearly 7 hours in the saddle. I'll be looking forward to checking in to my first Hotel which will be home for the next 4 nights.

Update 21 Jan 2018: I've been watching a few youtube videos about others that have done a similar trip and have decided to add a few more way points on this leg. The first is a stop at Drobak, I realised that going through the Oslofjordtunnelen means that I wont actually be able to see the Oslofjord so needed to stop above the tunnel on the shoreline - its too obvious I know but one I almost missed! The second slight detour is to do the Spiralen at Drammen, a Spiral tunnel cut inside the rock that looks interesting (in a slightly nerdy engineering kind of way).  The final stop is at Kongsberg to see the Nybrufoss falls
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refining the Route Days 8 and 9

Fast Forward (a bit!)